Only God kept me alive, Uzoenyi confesses

Bloemfontein - Pocket-sized Super Eagles midfielder, Chrisantus Ejike Uzoenyi has confessed that he almost passed out when Black Stars defender, Kwabena Adusei elbowed him leading to a minor concoction mid-way into the first half of the CHAN semi-final clash between Nigeria and Ghana.
Team medics described Uzoenyi’s condition at the time as Cortical Artery seizure, noting that it took quite a while to get his pulse back from the leg region.
“It was scary but we thank God, it didn’t degenerate more than that and the player’s recovery rate was phenomenal”, one of the medical official attached to the team noted.
The player himself was quoted by Team Media Officer, Ben Alaiya, as saying he momentarily passed out and didn’t know what was happening until he was stretchered out for treatment.
“That player wanted to kill me with that vicious elbow and I was blank and did not know where I was until I started hearing noises, but I was determined to continue that was why I was rushing back to the pitch. But I think it was God that saved my life because some lesser cases have resulted in fatalities”.

Comments