Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi declared himself satisfied with what his team achieved at the 2014 African Nations Championship and is now looking ahead to the World Cup.

While the tournament title would have been ideal, Keshi concedes that there were other priorities for him during their third-placed finish at CHAN, such as identifying players who will be able to make a meaningful contribution to Nigeria's trip to Brazil in June.
"I have no bitter feelings at all," Keshi told WeHypeNaija
"I'm happy with the boys over these three weeks. They've grown to understand what I want and to express the game the way I want them to," added Keshi, who is looking to make Nigeria a completely dominant force in Africa in future.
Earlier this week there was considerable speculation about the players that would have caught Keshi's attention during this campaign. However, the Nigerian coach has refused to be drawn into the media hype.
"Of course it is disappointing to lose a semi-final. Everybody would feel the same way. But the objective was to see one or two players that could make the World Cup and I've seen some of them even though I will not name them," added Keshi.

Comments