Uzoenyi proud of MVP award

Nigeria winger Ejike Uzoenyi said he was proud to have been named the Most Valuable Player at the African Nations Championship.

Despite their premature exit from the tournament, where they finished third, the Super Eagles looked imperious during the South Africa showpiece, with thanks in part to Uzoenyi's sterling performances during the campaign. "I'm very, very grateful to the Almighty God for this opportunity to be named the best player of a major competition like the Chan," Uzoenyi told Supersport.com.
"I want to also extend my appreciation to my team-mates and coaches who always ensured we did well and believed in my abilities when the chips were down and also my family for their prayers," added the Nigeria international.
It is no secret that many of the players in the national squad were competing for places in the World Cup team and Uzoenyi acknowledges that this tournament provided the ideal platform for him to advance his career goals.
"For me, this is an opportunity to further build on my career and do well in future for the national team," said the Nigeria international.
"I want to continue to work hard and I'm hoping that I'll be considered for the World Cup and I hope the coaches will give us the players (from the CHAN team) the chance."

Comments