NaijaTalkTalk: ‘It’s fulfilling being a top model’

‘It’s fulfilling being a top model’
Jennifer Enujiugha
When Jennifer Enujiugha, an on-air personality was growing up, she never dreamt she would be a renowned model. Jenny as she is affectionately called by her fans is a graduate of Crop Production and Protection from Abia State University.

This choreographer, who is also the logistics manager, Dance With Peter Okoye, a new reality TV show for dancers, said though growing up was tough, it was fun. She is indeed elated that she never lost focus of what she intended to be in life.

“I grew up in a family of just two girls. It was fun but tough childhood. Although I lost my mum at a young age, I was still focused. I’m not surprised that I’m into showbiz/modelling which is completely different from what I studied in the university because I have always had passion for the media and entertainment,” she recalled.

Today she is fulfilled in her vocation because she followed her heart and what she has passion for. Jenny is bold to counsel mothers to give their daughters who want to be models a chance to pursue their goals.
“Growing up was an adventure, I have always loved to be on the spotlight and could play dress-up sometimes but I never knew I would be a top model later in life. The thing started manifesting when I became very passionate about modelling in my third year in the university,” Jenny said.

It was in the modelling world that she learned how to comport herself in the things she wanted to do.
“At some point in life, I became carefree with my appearance and I figured that modelling helped me to become cautious of myself. I started training on how to retain my carriage and poise as a lady. I believe every model should be given an opportunity to showcase his or her potential,” she said.

This plump artiste is happy who she is today. “Being a model has automatically made me a queen and brought out the better part of me. When I say better part, I am referring to my curves which can’t be hidden even if I wear Jalamia or a loose dress. Amazingly, being fat is already challenging enough because the industry thought we (bold and curvy ladies) shouldn’t be part of the modelling world. But thank God we have proved them wrong. Today I’m a Curvy Nigeria Top Model,” Jennifer added.

What are her duties as a curvy top model? “My duties as a curvy top model are not farfetched. I want to prove that ladies can go about things the right way and still conveniently attain a top position in modeling. Second, I would always represent plump models in every fashion show. This alone is a handful and what I’m doing should give every portly lady who wants to be a runway model hope. I believe they should keep trying. Let determination be their watchword in whatever they want to achieve,” she stressed.

Who does Jenny look up to in the modeling world?
“I really cannot tell you that there is someone I look up to in modelling because I cannot categorically say how they got to the position they are now or how they achieved their current status,” she said.
What is her philosophy of life? “Patience is a virtue, consistency and determination pay well at the end. Of course, put God first everything you do,” she advised.

Now that Jenny is flying the flag of fashion in the country, she asserted that she can’t be seen “shabbily dressed. I can’t be seen doing punk or putting on too many crazy colours at the same time. I will always humbly rock whatever I choose to wear well. Maybe because bad dress sense and arrogance put me off”.

Comments