NaijaTalkTalk- Great things today started small – Linda Iheme

Linda
Linda Iheme

Its’ a great week on The Leading Youth. We had an interview with an outstanding 24years old lady who’s impacting and influencing lives globally even as a medical student.

Enjoy the Excerpt and be inspired:

NTT: Please tell us about you?

My name is Linda Iheme, Am an african woman who believes that young persons can achieve so much with thier youthful energy.Am currently in my final year toward becoming a Dental Surgeon in University of Benin with a record breaking academic result in my faculty.My quest for culture had led me to travel to  different countries including BeninRepublic,Togo,Ghana,Cameroon,Netherland,Germany and USA .I got my formal training in Social Enterpreneur from University of Connecticut,Storrs(USA).

9ineteen: How old are you?
I am 24 years old.

NTT: What are you doing that distinguishes you or makes you a Leading Youth?
Despite my tight academic schedule,I have being involved with mentoring young persons in the area of Social Entrepreneurship and Leadership.I am also very much involved with community services especially in the area of free healthcare to the poor who can not afford quality healthcare and blood donation campaign.

NTT: On what platform do you achieve this?
As part of my project  as a US Department of State Alumnus,I founded a registered NGO IIF YIGAD (International Initiative For Youths Inspiration, Growth And Development) which focuses on training youthson social entrepreneurship.I also get to speak at  both national and international conferences and seminars .

For that of community services,apart from my student associations,I also get to volunteer for Health NGOs such as Raphashands foundation,Divine Mission. Am also a consult to Charles Loto Healthcare Development and Research Organisation.The most recent is the #LunchWithLindaIheme  with is a facebook photo contest with awesome rewards for winners.

NTT: What inspired your passion for it?
My driving force is the desire to multiply myself by raising more youths who will be community development conscious.

NTT: How can you define yourself?
Am an African Woman.

NTT:What impact are you making in our society?
So far,I have inspired many young person to believe in themselves.I am spreading the 
idea of social entrepreneurship fast especially in my universityand I have mentored and 
am still mentoring a lot of young persons who are developing their career on the area of 
social enterpreneurship through one-on-one mentorship.
 
NTT: What are some of the challenges you have faced and how did you over come them?
Just as expected,the most challenging is combining academics as one in medical school and numerous extra curricular activites but the ability to set my priorities right,knowing when to read and when not tohas really helped me.

NTT: What are your philosophies of life? and what inspires you?
I believe that most things that are big today started small and this inspiires me because I know that one day,I will be able to touch more lives within and outside Africa.

NTT: If you were not doing this, what else would you be doing?
If I wasn’t doing this,I would have being a fashion designer.

NTT: Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years from now?
Hopefully,5 years from now I would have developed my healthcare company with focus on public health.Also,I should have mentored over 5000 youths on one-on-one platform through #LunchWithLindaIheme.\

NTT: Advice to other young people?
Advice    “Hello young people like me,together we can build a new world but start from your local niche first”

NTT: Who do you aspire to be like? Your mentor.
Mentor I have learnt a lot from my dad (Sameul Uzoma Iheme).My travelling ,self giving and love for culture are some of the things I learnt from him.He gave me the best training anyone could give to his daughters including making me believe that as a woman,I have a great role to play in the society.I hope to train my own children especially my daughter that way.

NTT: If you have a miracle,what would you change in Nigeria? If I have a miracle what I would change the complaining spirit of many young persons  into the spirit of action/innovative solution to societal problems.

NTT: How can you be contacted? Website? Facebook?
can be contacted through … https://www.facebook.com/linda.iheme https://www.facebook.com/Lunchwithlindaiheme
https://www.facebook.com/IIF.YIGAD,
https://twitter.com/Lunchwithlinda

Comments