NaijaTalkTalk- Passion for Yoruba movies brought me into acting –Anu Sosanya

Passion for Yoruba movies brought me into acting –Anu Sosanya
Anu Sosanya
Anu Sosanya is an actress and producer in the Yoruba movie genre, who has starred in many films. She chose Yoruba movies because of her undying love for her culture. In this interview with ADAEZE AMOS, this graduate of Marketing from Lagos State University, LASU, reveals the film that brought her fame, among others. Excerpts:


Having studied Marketing, why did you choose acting as a career?
Indeed, I studied Marketing but to be frank, what I have always loved to do right from my childhood is acting. I didn’t just venture into it but I believed that passion would make me scale through. I went for training first because I believe that whatever that is worth doing is worth doing well. Though I have the talent, I needed to acquire some skills to be a professional.

So, where were you trained? I
had to enrol in Jide Kosoko Training School which was the best at that time. Jide Kosoko, a seasoned actor started his training school and I was one of the first students that finished from the school. When I graduated and started acting, I was so good in interpretation of roles so much that movie roles started flowing in. And I was delivering my lines well.

What is your selling point?
I have got sharp, bright eyes that come out brighter with makeups. What thrills you most about what you do as an actress? Being able to interpret diverse roles given to me and delivering my lines with ease thrill me. What then is your ‘put off’ about yourself? The way I cry. I’m so emotional that I could shed tears easily when I’m hurt. This is what I would consider as my weakness. I try to curb it but sometimes it’s difficult.

What lesson has life taught you as an actress?
Life has taught me that life itself is a dice, you never know what comes next.

What is your philosophy?
My life philosophy is never to relent; you are never too late or too old to set a new goal.

What thrills you most about life and being a woman?
What thrills me most about life is that it is beautiful and ugly but it depends on how you wish to see it. Then of course, motherhood thrills me most about being a woman.

What stands you out in the midst of your colleagues?
Being just myself makes me stand out in the midst of friends, fans and colleagues. Tell us the movies you have starred. I have star red in ‘Edidi’, ‘Ojuse’, ‘Olalekan’, ‘Irawo’, ‘Oluwere’, ‘Nowhere to be found’, ‘Majemu’, ‘Mona’, ‘Oga’ and many which I may not remember now.

Which is the most challenging?
‘Edidi’ is most challenging because we had to shoot and reshoot the whole movie after it was stolen.

Which of these movies brought you into the limelight?
‘Edidi’ brought me into the limelight because it was very emotional and people who watched it loved my character. In the Yoruba movie world, who are you aspiring to be like? I would want to be like myself, but the people I respect so much are Opeyemi A i ye – o l a ,

Comments