NaijaTalkTalk- Adedoyin Jaiyesimi, a Nigerian entrepreneur helping a new generation of writers to turn their passion for words into profits


Image result for Adedoyin Jaiyesimi, founder of The Sparkle Writer's Hub in Nigeria

Adedoyin Jaiyesimi, founder of The Sparkle Writer's Hub in Nigeria


Many people have a natural talent for words, but turning that talent into a business is not always so easy. One woman entrepreneur, Adedoyin Jaiyesimi, founder of The Sparkle Writer's Hub in Nigeria, is providing a supporting learning environment for aspirant writers to develop that talent and pursue their own entrepreneurial dreams.

NTT was keen to know more about this very different kind of business this month.

What does your company do?
We help everyone who has a desire to write to achieve their writing dreams and teach them how to make money from their writing skill. We work with all kinds of writers. We offer a free basic training program where we teach writers the basics of writing and how to attract readers. We also offer a more intensive coaching program where we work one-on-one with writers to achieve their goals, and we have a monthly course where we help writers to build their brand and position themselves to attract their desired clients. Since we started, some of our trainees have moved on to start successful blogs while others have been able to get freelance writing jobs through The Sparkle Writer's Network.

What inspired you to start your company?
I used to get many questions about how to write from different people. Writing is something that I do with ease, but I discovered that for quite a number of people it is not so simple. Most times, they are good writers but they let fear stop them from exploring their talent. I also discovered good writers who had been limited because they didn't have access to the right platforms. So I created The Sparkle Writer's Hub to tackle this and provide support for writers.

Why should anyone use your service or product?
Our aim is to see every writer that interacts with us or enrols for our training programmes or courses achieve their goals and dreams. Through our courses, our writers have honed their skills, received job offers and speaking engagements, and they have also started to earn money from their writing. Others have their works published on the right platforms, while for some, they got the confidence boost they needed to launch their blog, website or writing career. You cannot come in contact with The Sparkle Writer's Hub and not notice a positive change.

Tell us a little about your team
We currently have two people who work full-time at The Sparkle Writer's Hub but we also have a team of resourceful volunteers.

Share a little about your entrepreneurial journey. And, do you come from an entrepreneurial background?
No I did not. I always knew that I was going to start a business but I didn't know I would start one in the field I'm in right now. My initial dream was to launch a luxury retail store. This changed when I interned at YNaija (a subsidiary of Red Media Africa) and my love for developing content was sparked. I have always loved to write but I never thought I could set up a business around it until when I took the decision to launch The Sparkle Writer's Hub after I received an inspiration from God. He gave me name, the plan and the vision and I just ran with it. The journey has not been a smooth one but it has been fulfilling. I learn every day. There are things I have done that have not worked. I simply go back to the blueprint, receive instruction from God and I reorder my steps. There is still a lot to do but I'm grateful for the progress we have made so far.

What are your future plans and aspirations for your company?
The Sparkle Writer's Hub will become a physical place. Aside from our monthly course and quarterly hangout, we operate virtually. It will also become the ‘go to’ place for people who want to start a career in writing and for organisations who are in need of the services of highly skilled content/ freelance writers.

What gives you the most satisfaction being an entrepreneur?
The testimonies I get from the people I coach. It is very rewarding knowing that I have empowered someone to pursue their purpose and use their God-given talent. To be able to make an impact this way is priceless.

What's the biggest piece of advice you can give to other women looking to start-up?
Don't wait to have everything all figured out. Just start. Also don't be overly preoccupied with the desire to make money. Let your focus be on adding value through your business and meeting the needs of your target market. That's what will ensure the long-term sustainability of your business.
 

Comments