BRANDS & BUILDERS- Today withTomiwa Talabi

Tomiwa Talabi
Tomiwa Talabi is a unilag student and a social media strategist/Mediapreneur. He is the founder of LagosLife, UnilagGist and TheGistNG.


Talabi Tomiwa hails from Ijebu East Local government in Ogun State. He’s the CEO/Founder of Lagos Life (@Lagoslife) – An online platform that showcases the true essence of Lagos.He is also the CEO of Unilag Gist, a student platform that gives first class information about news on campus, Unilag to be precise.Get to know more about him in the interview session below.
What was your inspiration to start up a social media community?
Err …I’ll say boredom, funny enough. I was just bored one day in my hostel and I decided to create a blog back then in 2012, but trust me I’ve always being a lover of social media and a passionate phone presser before then.
How long have you been a CEO?
5 years.
What would you say has been your high point since you started this journey?
Working for big brands such as Coca-cola, AirtelNigeria, DSTV .. just to name a few has been my highest point so far, many more to come by God’s grace.
Who are the people you look up to/your mentors?
I look up to a lot of people in the media space. People like Debola Williams of Red Media, Timilehin Bello CEO of Media Panache Nigeria, Temi Solomon of TOT Empire and Parcelfast and so many others.
What is your long term goal?
My long term goal is to be able to use the online space to create value and also impact and touch lives.
 What would you advice fellow Flexxers wishing to pursue this similar path?
Keep doing what you love doing, there are times you just feel like giving up, DON’T. You just might not know how close you are to reaching your goal.
http://lagoslife.com.ng/

Comments